Thursday, February 19, 2009

Getting Old

I remember opening up packs of baseball cards with bubble gum inside them.
I remember not having an Internet connection, or even a computer, in the house.
I remember the Soviet Union and the Berlin Wall.
I remember unstructured recess in elementary school.
I remember when mobile phones were only used for business.
I remember pagers.
I remember most people not having an answering machine.
I remember Wal-Mart not selling groceries.
I remember none of the grocery stores selling whole wheat bread.
I remember people saying Japan was going to be an economic superpower.
I remember when nothing we bought was made in China.
I remember school with no standardized tests.
I remember getting report cards that were written by hand.

Most of the students in my class do not have any of these memories.

No comments: