Monday, April 27, 2009

Unique Apartment

I renewed the lease on my apartment today.  In the process, I have learned that I am one of only two people paying $225 a month; everyone else gets charged more.  I can't figure out why my apartment is cheaper; I like it much better than other apartments in the same building that I have seen.  Most places have a large combination living room and kitchen, and a smaller bedroom in the back.  I have a kitchen and a bedroom tucked in the side of the building.  There are four stairs between the two rooms; the odd split-level design of the apartment was obviously mandated by the space that it could fit in.

I guess that this oddity is responsible for the lower price, but I like it.  I like the uniqueness of the design, and the stairs make it seem bigger.  I like having a full kitchen instead of a room that is half carpet and half linoleum.  I like the way that I do not have any doors close to my door.

I am also fairly sure that the rent will not go up as long as I am staying there.  There is a big sign out front that says "Apartments from $225".  If they increased the rent to the two of us in the cheap places, they would have to change the sign.  I am basically living in an advertising gimmick.

No comments: